About Poplar Insulation.
We provide specialist thermal insulation and sheet metals services to the industrial, commercial, retail, leisure and education sectors.
Who are Poplar Insulation?
The company was founded in the summer of 1995 by current Managing Director, Michael Nolan, on Poplar Road, Bedminster Down in Bristol.
Since then, the organisation has grown exponentially, becoming one of the largest and most trusted insulation experts in the UK.
We provide our services across England and Wales from our bases in Bristol and Cardiff, often working along the M5 and M4 corridors, including in London.
“We are incredibly proud of what we have achieved over the past 22 years, and I am excited about our future as we continue to deliver top-quality work and develop strong, trusted relationships with our clients.”
– Michael Nolan, Managing Director
Our Company Ethos
As an organisation that started and continues to be a family business, we endeavour to maintain our core family values between our people, our clients, our suppliers and the communities around us.
- We treat people with respect and help them thrive
- We work closely with our clients to deliver on time
- We support and give back to our community and encourage others to do so
- We minimise the environmental impact of our services
- We source our materials responsibly
- 1995 – Poplar Insulation founded
- 2000 – Created purpose-built office in Poplar Road
- 2002 – First commercial premises in St. John’s Lane, Bedminster
- 2002 – Blaine Nolan joined the firm, later to be appointed as Director
- 2005 – Moved to Lynwood Court, Cater Road Business Park
- 2009 – Defied the recession with strong growth and moved to Whitchurch Lane, Bishopsworth
- 2013 – Opened new location in Cardiff to better service the South Wales region
- 2017/2018 – Moved to new, bespoke offices and storage facility